BIKEFITTING FEEDBACK - RETURNING CLIENT WITH A NEW BIKE AND KNEE ISSUE

Excellent service provided by Adrian.

In June I took my most recent machine to Ade for a bike fit. This isn't the first occasion either. A different bike with different geometry meant a new fit was needed. I'd also been experiencing knee pain for a while.

As per my previous bike fit Adrian took his time and set the bike up for me. Not huge changes, seat post height, saddle adjusted, brake hoods moved (Adrian's pet hate). He didn't need to adjust my shoe cleats as I've kept them as per the previous bike fit I'd had.

Adrian explained the knee pain was probably due to the seat post being too low. I'd lost the figures from my previous fit so guessed. It transpired it was 12mm too low!

Within a few days I was on a cycling holiday in France. I cycled every day on some steep gradients and long climbs (850m height gain in a single climb). Out of 12 possible riding days I rode 11, several hours per day i missed one due to 50mph gusts of wind during the first week.

All knee pain had gone. The new hood position felt amazing, the reach is excellent and the saddle height made it feel like I had more power.....despite being overweight and much older....lol. As a result I have found the confidence that I'm not past it, that I can still ride in the mountains (albeit slower). A big part of that was the new, more comfortable position on the bike.

I was so pleased I had to send Ade a thank you message from France.

Highly recommended service.

Rich N

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

45 years of experience and knowledge

TRAINING - FTP TEST, STANDING OR SEATED OR BOTH?